If you want to make everybody on your street jealous, you need to transform the look of your Dodge Viper. As if having a Dodge Viper isn’t cool enough, you can find body kits that include a number of amazing graphic effects and parts. With the right body kit, you can turn your Viper into a show quality car.
Here are some tips for doing just that:
- Look for hand-laid fiberglass parts. Fiberglass parts are the easiest to paint. Paint adheres well to this type of material, and won’t wash or wear off in extreme weather conditions. Keep in mind that typical fiberglass isn’t as durable as Polyurethane. This is why you need to go with the Grade A hand-laid variety, as it’s made with superior quality.
- Consider a custom hood. Hoods are designed into a specific shape to fit a Dodge Viper. The inner section is durable and the exterior area acts as the cover. Cowl induction hoods and air hoods are popular modifications. They are engineered to allow more air to enter into the engine bay.
- Consider ground effects. Side skirts in particular will give your Dodge Viper a sporty look. They can be further modified according to your own tastes. The side skirts are stripes of fiberglass that are bolted onto the sides of the vehicle. Some body kits also include front and rear bumpers. They come in universal colors such as black or white. As long as they are made out of fiberglass, you can easily paint them.
- Add some graphics. There are so many ways to add graphics to your ride. Whether you want to go for a subtle look or a wild and colorful look, you’ll find plenty of decals in a graphics body kit. Graphics range from airbrushed flames to 3D designs.
- Learn how to add the graphics to your Dodge Viper. Most body kits come with decals for both the left and right sides of the Viper. They’re pretty easy to stick on to the vehicle. Position the graphic on the car and hold it in place with masking tape. Gently press it against the car with your finger, starting in the center of the decal and making your way outward. You can spray on a wetting agent such as a small amount of rubbing alcohol, a few drops of dish detergent, and water. The air temperature should be between 55 and 75 F.
As long as you keep these tips in mind when shopping for body kits, you will be able to transform your Viper into an awesome ride!